California Healthy Kids Survey CHKS
The CHKS is a modular, anonymous assessment recommended for students age 10 (grade 5) and above. It is focused on the five most important areas for guiding school and student improvement:
- student connectedness, learning engagement/motivation, and attendance;
- school climate, culture, and conditions;
- school safety, including violence perpetration and victimization/bullying;
- physical and mental well-being and social-emotional learning; and
- student supports, including resilience-promoting developmental factors (caring relationships, high expectations, and meaningful participation).
It is recommended that the supplementary School Climate Module be administered along with the Core Module for a truly comprehensive assessment of school climate and pupil engagement, particularly to guide Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) efforts.
The California School Parent Survey is designed to promote greater parent involvement, confidentiality obtaining parent preschools' about our schools' learning environment, overall climate, student supports, and parent outreach and involvement efforts. It will also provide data on the scope and nature of parent involvement at the school (relationship, activities and their children's general education.