Volunteer Opportunities Parents & Student Teachers
Benefits of Volunteering
Get Connected - There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our schools.
Discover Great Resources - Learn about workshops designed for parents and families.
Tap into a Network - Build rapport with our school communities and share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
Watch Yourself Grow - Put your skills and talents to use for a noble cause—students in the LESD community.
Speak Up - Effectively suggest changes.
Create Solutions - Be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
Be a Role Model - Demonstrate the importance you place on education.
And Much More! - Sponsorships, leadership training, accolades and overall student success.
Volunteer with kids
The volunteer program at Lawndale Elementary School District is designed to encourage parents and student teachers be active participants in the LESD community while ensuring that steps are taken to protect the interests of our students.
A school volunteer is a person willing to take time to share wisdom and experience with those on the threshold of the future, our students. A school volunteer helps to expand and enrich the students’ learning experiences by working under the direction of teachers and school staff. Education is a team effort and volunteers are a very critical part of the school team.
The district has established volunteer guidelines to provide for an effective program that ensures a safe environment for you, the children, and our staff. We are extremely appreciative of our community resources and thank you for providing your precious time, individual talents, and expertise as a school volunteer.
If you are a parent and have questions, please contact your school site's Community Liaison.
If you are a student teacher or student observer and have questions, please contact Trine Apfelberg at (310) 973-1300 ext. 50043.
- How do I become a volunteer?
- How Can I Be a Student Teacher at LESD?
- What is LiveScan?
- How long does LiveScan take?
- Do all volunteers have to be fingerprinted?
- What if I have an old DUI or parking violations on my records?
- Will my fingerprints be passed to any other government agency?
- I was fingerprinted with another organization, do I still need to be fingerprinted?
- Why do I need to get screened for Tuberculosis?
- Where can I get a Tuberculosis screening?
- What if I volunteer at another school in the district?
- Do I need to complete a volunteer application each school year?
- Do current or retired employees of the district need to register as volunteers?